For €79, we’ll carry out a fully comprehensive NCT check that will identify any issues that may cause a problem during the test. This covers your vehicles brakes, lights, tyre’s, exhaust emissions, steering and suspension.
We’ll then work with you on the best solution to ensure your vehicle gets through the NCT as quickly and easily as possible.
What is included in a fully comprehensive NCT Check
- Registration Plates – Checked
- Exhaust Smoke (Diesel) – Test & Report
- Exhaust CO/HC/Lambda – Test & Report
- Service Brake Pedal – Check
- Mechanical Brake Hand Actuator – Check
- Seats – Check
- Horn – Check
- Windscreen Wipers & Washers – Test
- Glass – Check
- Rear View Mirror(s) – Check
- Speedometer – Test
- Safety Belts – Test
- Steering Wheel Play – Check
- Doors/Locks/Anti-Theft Devices – Check
- Adaptations for Disabled Drivers – Check
- Towing Bracket/Coupling – Check
- Stop Lamps – Check
- Rear Lamps – Check
- Indicators – Check
- Side Lamps (Front Position Lamps) – Check
- Headlamp Condition – Check
- Headlamp Aim – Check and adjust if required
- Auxiliary Lamp Condition & Position – Check
- Auxiliary Lamp Aim – Check
- Reflectors – Check
- Bodywork – Inspect
- Tyre Condition – Check & Report
- Tyre Specification – Check
- Tyre Tread – Check & Report
- Wheels – Check
- Spare Wheel & Carrier – Check
- Brake Fluid – Test & Check
- Chassis/Under body – Check
- Steering Linkage – Check
- Wheel Bearings – Check
- Front Springs – Check
- Front Suspension – Check
- Brake Lines/Hoses – Check
- Shock Absorber Condition – Visual Check
- Fuel System – Check for Leaks
- Mechanical Brake Components – Check
- Brake Master Cylinder/Servo/Valves/Connections – Check
- Exhaust System – Check
- Rear Suspension – Check
- Rear Springs – Check
- Transmission & Drive Train – Visual
- Rear Fog Lamp(s) – Check
- Reverse Lamp(s) – Check
- Malfunction Indicators – Check
- Registration Plate Lamps – Check
Preparing for your NCT Test:
- Check your engine oil and water level is adequate.
- Empty the boot and clear all unnecessary belongings out of the vehicle.
- Tyre’s must be in good condition and inflated to the correct pressure. Don’t forget the spare tyre (which must be left loose in the boot) as this will be inspected too.
- Ensure engine is in a fit state to be tested.
- Wheel hubcaps must be removed so that the wheel can be fully inspected.
- Ensure your vehicle is clean inside and out, especially the under body of the car as the mechanic needs to inspect this carefully and they must be able to see clearly.
- All seat belts and clips must be fully visible and in working order. It is necessary to remove baby seats before the inspection.
If You Fail
If you fail the test, ask them exactly why. Often the NCT do not give a clear explanation and it is important that they explain to you exactly why you have failed. Then you can come to us with the NCT report and we will be able to address the problem for you very quickly.
The main failure items for 2016 were:
- Front Suspension
- Brake Line / Hoses
- Headlamp Aim
- Stop Lamps
In previous years tyres were recorded under three separate headings (condition, thread and specification) but they are now all being grouped under the one heading. The overall failure rate has remained constant when compared to previous years.
You might also be interested in Why is it important to have your oil changed annually
Directions to us
Turn into Baldoyle Industrial Estate, Take a left and then a right, half way down the road on the left you will see Kane Kitchens & Heat Merchants, take this left turn and we are located in the second last building on your left. If you have any questions call our helpline 018321045
Baldoyle Auto Centre, 139 Grange Drive, Baldoyle Industrial Estate, Baldoyle, Dublin 13, D13 VR02. 01-8321045