The NCT have announced their Christmas draw. You could win €1,000. Simply get your car tested before 20th December 2016 and you could be in with a chance of winning one of their 12 days of Christmas prizes of €1,000!
You can read all terms & conditions over on the NCT Website
Preparing for your NCT
1. Your car has adequate oil and water.
2. The boot is empty and your vehicle is clear of all valuables and personal belongings.
3. The vehicle is reasonably clean (especially the under-body).
4. The wheel hubcaps are removed (only in the case where wheel nuts are not visible) and the tyres are inflated to the correct pressure.
5. The engine is in a fit state to be tested e.g. cam belt /timing belt. You may be asked to sign a disclaimer at the test centre.
6. All seat belts and clips are fully visible (including rear).
7. We also recommend that you have your lights checked and set prior to the NCT.
8. Your Vehicle Registration Book, Registration Certificate or Licensing Certificate is with you when you arrive at the test centre.
9. You bring identification (driving licence) with you on the day of the test. The person who brings the car for inspection brings their identification with them (driving licence) as failure to provide the required identification will result in the vehicle not being issued an NCT certificate at the time of testing
10. You have your test fee of €55.00, plus any cancellation fee (if applicable) payable by cash, laser card and all major credit cards (excluding American Express).
11. Your vehicle is at a normal operating temperature prior to arriving at the test centre for inspection
12. Your registration plates comply with current regulations
If the above items are not taken care of, NCTS may be unable to test your vehicle.
You can read more about why a Pre NCT is Important